Effective: July 9, 2020
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We’ll only ask you to share the information needed to fulfill the mission of Vaheala
- We’ll be clear about what information you’re choosing to share
- We’ll be open and clear about why features exist, what they do, and how they use your information
We believe people do their best work when they feel safe. Vaheala works with employers to create environments where employees can feel safe individually and as a group. Custom protocols have been developed for your organization based on industry requirements, government guidance, medical expertise, and public health data. Vaheala uses testing, tracking, and tracing technology so that you can stay healthy and keep those around you safe.
- Allows people to log and share their symptoms, risk factors, and test results solely for the purpose of COVID-19 response efforts.
- Alerts people if they have been exposed to a COVID-19-affected individual and provides instructions on how and where to get tested.
- Puts you in control of your information by letting you request deletion of all personal information we have received at any time.
Your use of Vaheala may be required by your employer, but you can at any time direct us to delete your personal information by emailing your request to email@example.com.
We may need to modify our privacy practices to comply with legal requirements, such as court orders, subpoenas or investigations.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY BE SHARED WITH US
When you use Vaheala, we will ask you to share certain personal information with us. We will also receive information from U.S. local, state and federal government organizations, and collect certain technical, device and usage information from your device.
We may receive:
- Registration and Profile Information. We may receive information from you when you register to use Vaheala. That information may include, among other things, your full name, phone numbers, and device identifiers.
- Customer Support Information. We will store the contact information you provide to our customer support personnel, and information about your use of Vaheala. We will also store the communications you have with us and any information contained in those communications.
- Device, Technical and Usage Information. When you access Vaheala, we collect information about your mobile device or computer system, including MAC address, IP address and mobile device ID. We also generate usage statistics about your interactions with Vaheala. This information is typically collected through the use of server log files or web log files, mobile device software development kits and tracking technologies like browser cookies to analyze certain types of technical information. Some of the cookies Vaheala places on your computer are linked to your user ID number. When you respond to communications we send you, we may use automated technology to understand how you interact with the communications. You can usually remove or reject browser cookies through the settings on your browser or device. At this time we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include ”do not track” instructions.
- Health-Related Information. Through your use of Vaheala, you may choose to submit personal information about yourself, such as your age, symptoms, COVID-19 test status, and colleagues you often work with in close proximity. If you test positive, those colleagues will be notified of their risk.
HOW WE USE NON-HEALTH-RELATED INFORMATION
- In connection with COVID-19 response efforts or other public health or research purposes.
- To operate Vaheala.
- For internal business purposes that are necessary, reasonable, or appropriate to operate the business functions that support the platform, such as for quality control and platform improvement, and to provide technical support and respond to user inquiries.
- To enable user communications.
- To analyze the information we collect through cookies and other tracking technologies to help us improve our function and to modify the services and information that we provide.
- For fraud prevention and legal compliance, including to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Except as described below, we may only share your personal information:
- With third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including: to help operate Vaheala; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of accounts; to optimize the performance of the platform; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other related services.
We may share de-identified information with public interest organizations, health care organizations and researchers. We will prohibit these organizations from attempting to re-identify the information we share with them.
We may share personal information with government, law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, when we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with legal obligations, law enforcement requests or legal directives such as a court order or subpoena; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the platform; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
OTHER SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may make available on Vaheala, or link to, features that allow you to share information with third parties. Please be careful whenever sharing your personal information with third parties, and only share sensitive personal information with third parties whom you trust. We have no control over the use of your information by third parties with whom you choose to share your information.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented a number of security measures designed to protect your information, including encrypting all personal information in transit and at rest. Please note that we are not a healthcare provider or other “covered entity” that is subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and are not bound by its requirements for handling protected health information. However, we have a security program in place designed to mitigate risk and to use reasonable and appropriate procedures and technologies to help protect the confidentiality of all personal information.
It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your account, and you should immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. No website, mobile application or Internet transmission is completely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches or other type of misuse will never occur. Be careful where and how you share personal information—use public WiFi spots wisely and avoid clicking unfamiliar links or using unfamiliar devices.
We may post a notice via Vaheala if a security breach occurs. We may also send you notice by the contact information you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive written notice of a data privacy or security breach.
Accessing and Updating Your Information. If you have an account with us, you can access and edit your profile information by contacting your HR administrator or us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deactivating Your Account and Deleting Your Information. You may deactivate your account and delete your personal information by contacting us directly at email@example.com. Please note that you must follow these instructions to deactivate your account.
Vaheala is not intended for people under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from people under 18.
If we become aware that personal information we maintain pertains to a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information from our live systems and applications, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so. We will delete any personal information we maintain on back-up media in the ordinary course of business.
We are evolving together and would love to hear your feedback on how we can improve your experience and get you back to the work you love.
349 Kent Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11249